|The STRIX IR headlamp was specifically created to meet the requirements of the military during operations where stealth is key.
* GROUND shipping only 7+ day ETA lead time possible *
STRIX IR headlamps have color lighting (red, green, blue), three white lighting levels, and an additional three infrared lighting levels.
Three lighting configurations:
- Visible color lighting:
Red, green and blue color lighting choices offer comfortable vision for close-range work & when moving around
- Visible white lighting:
Three modes: stealth mode ( very narrow, low-intensity beam for stealth and maximum battery life), close-range vision mode, movement mode
- IR lighting:
Three modes: close-range vision movement mode, IFF mode ( Identification Friend or Foe ), flashing
Intuitive lighting management to guarantee stealth:
For each of the numerous ways the headlamp can be worn, the biaxial rotation system allows great freedom for orienting the beam: 180 degrees horizontally & 120 degrees vertically. The user can be assured that he/she will see where needed. Orient the beam straight up to prevent blinding people when conversing is desired. It offers exceptional versatility and intuitive use with absolute reliability.
- Visible and IR lighting controlled by two separate knobs to avoid confusion
- The sequence of modes moves from most discreet to least discreet
- Pulse control allows each mode to be accessed and to quickly turn off the headlamp
- Lighting modes and the OFF position can be locked to prevent any unwanted maneuver
- SCAN function: Headlamp turns off instantly when button is released
- For quick movement between modes, only one of the three colors is directly accessible (programmable choice)
- Switching from IR lighting has absolute priority and instantly shuts off visible lighting, which can not be reactivated until IR is deactivated
- Control knob is equipped with a visual and tactile indicator for the OFF position
Headlamp keeps hands free for working efficiently
There are numerous ways of wearing the STRIX headlamp for great versatility of use:
|On a vest
Using the integrated MOLLE clip
|On the head
Using the headband (included)
|Around the neck
Using the headband (included), without
removing the helmet, thanks to the
Dependable lighting for all situations
Integrated regulation technology guarantees lighting with performance that does not diminish during its rated battery life. Lighting switches to reserve mode when battery is almost depleted.
|Visible white lighting
White lighting is available in three modes: stealth (very narrow, low intensity beam), close-range vision (wide beam, power/battery life compromise), movement (wide, maximum-intensity beam).
|Visible color lighting
Three color choices available for close range vision and movement: red, green, blue.
On the STRIX IR, Infrared lighting has three modes: close-range vision (wide beam, power/battery life compromise), movement (wide beam, maximum power),
|On the STRIX IR, visible and infrared
(IR) lighting are controlled by two different knobs in order to prevent any risk of error. Switching to infrared lighting instantly turns off visible lighting. It can not be reactivated until IR is deactivated. The infrared control knob is equipped with a visual and tactile indicator for the OFF position.
||The lighting modes and the OFF
position can be locked to improve light discipline. The "scan" function allows the user to instantly turn off the headlamp by releasing the knob.
Intuitive lighting management and mechanical strength
|MOLLE helmet mounts
Equipped with the ACH-ARC Ops Core system, using the integrated rail or, in the absence of the rail, using the ADAPT STRIX plate (pictured accessory)
Even while wearing gloves, manipulating the knobs with the pulse control is noiseless and simple. Quickly access each mode and turn off the headlamp.
|Great mechanical strength
STRIX headlamps are resistant to falls of 2 m, even at -30° C, to impact and to crushing (80 kg). They are waterproof to -1 m for 30 minutes, and dustproof
Equipped with an Ops Core ACH-ARC system integrated rail typically found on the MITCH Helmets!
Headband clip and MOLLE rail/clip built in.
For a no-rail on helmet option purchase Helmet ADAPT STRIX plate. Sold separately.
Berry Amendment Compliant
- Constant lighting guarantees lighting performance that does not decrease as the batteries are drained; then switches to reserve mode
- Knob manipulation is noiseless, quick and easy, even with gloves on
- Charge indicator flashes when battery is low
- Dust-proof ( IP 67 )
- Compatible with NI-MH rechargeable batteries & Lithium batteries, increasing battery life up to 2.5 times
- Batteries: 1 AA (included)
- Body and headband available in black, camo, and tan
- Waterproof -1 meter for 30 minutes ( No Maintenance required after immersion)
- Resistant to falls ( 2 m, even at -30 C), to shock & to crushing
- Warranty: 3 year manufacturer guarantee
- Ability to mount to Ops-Core’s ARC Rail
- Mounts to new military plastic helmet with rail
- Military MOLLE mountable
- STRIX incorporates a metal PALS compatible clip at the rear to allow mounting to armor vests and other platforms
- Adapt STRIX clamps onto the lower lip of the helmet edge for guys wearing the ACH and other combat helmets
Petzl now offers Berry Amendment compliant headbands made in the USA.
The entire headlamp and headband combo for the STRIX and TACTIKKA series of headlamps in Black and Desert is 100% Berry compliant and now available for US Government contract purchases.
The STRIX headlamp family of products:
-STRIX VL Visible light headlamp
-STRIX IR Infrared headlamp
-ADAPT STRIX accessory adaptor plate